Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Update

We've been kind of busy around here the past few days. Co-op classes, surviving Friday the 13th, Awanna games, Meet & Greet, and rain...whew!

Thursdays are pretty busy for us, since we have co-op classes with our home school group. The kids are in 3 different classes, at an hour a pop. I'm on the class committee, so we have to be there about an hour before classes begin to set up, and stay til an hour after, to clean up. The classes run for 10 weeks, and we just finished week 8. We will have a break for summer, then start back in Sept. Along with getting things ready Thursday morning, the hubby calls and says he got an email about a homeschooling Mom in NC that is being forced by a judge to put her kids back in public school next year. I had to google! I was worried all day, even though there is nothing I can do for her. But, when stuff like that happens to one of us, it gets all of us in a tizzy. What if a judge ( or two, or three ) follows suit in our state? What does that mean for us? It's not all that fun, let me tell you! Luckily, it doesn't seem to be as big a deal as the ruling in Calf. They are going through a divorce, so it sounds kind of petty. Don't get me wrong, I am still worried about her and her kids. I don't think that is fair at all! But, I'm not as worried for my family now. Classes went great, the kids were happy...I was tired.


Friday the 13th was cloudy and chilly, and a great day for naps! That's about all there was to Friday....sorry!



Saturday, we were up and at our local high school for the Awanna Games. My son was chosen to participate, and he was very excited! And a little nervous, too, I think. I was not very happy with having to be there at 8:30 in the stinking morning! I looooove my weekends so that I can sleep in! My hubby is fabulous that way! They messed it up, but the kids had fun, so I guess I can over look it this one time. They came in third, but none of them looked very upset about it, which is good.



Sadie and her lovely scarf. It was chilly.


Later that day, Sadie the greyhound, my lovely ( but non-listening ) daughter and I headed to PetSmart for a greyhound Meet & Greet. I love going, but think I might be the only one. Sadie gives me the look the whole time we are there, and likes to show everyone that SHE rules ME. Moongazer ( the non-listener ) scampered around the store giving me frequent heart palpitations, and getting the venom voice every 5 mins. about crawling around on the floor. She's 5, and likes to pretend that she is a dog. I ruled that she is no longer allowed at Meet & Greets til she can listen better, which means that she probably won't be going ever again.


Frosty ( black ), and Lucy. Both very sweet girls!!!

Saturday night, the hubby and I dropped the kids off at his parents to spend the night. He and I headed over to my sister-in-laws for dinner, then home. Today has been another rainy day, but I hear it's going to get back up into the 70's in the next couple of days. Another exciting and glamorous weekend here in the Electric City! Jealous much!? Happy St. Pat's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Life With Dogs said...

I love the meet and greets as well. The more hounds the merrier!