Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Funny Story....


Okay, so here's the funny story about the topiary. But, you know how some stories are funny to you, but then you go and tell them to someone else and they look at you weird? This might be one of those.
As you heard in the last post, I tend to craft quite a bit, and I like to spice it up. What happens to all of those crafts you ask? Well, I tried my hand at the craft show circuit, but that was a major eye opener (not to mention a blow to my self conscience!). So, most of the stuff is either up in the attic, at my Mom's, or in the heat of a hissy fit, thrown out. I know, that last one isn't very adult of me, but us artists are like that. Oh, right, the story..I'm getting there.
The hubby and I were up in the attic this past fall, doing some cleaning, and I came across these really pretty topiary's.
"Oooo, these are really pretty, I should put these out!", I say.
"Hmm.", says hubby.
I look at them some more..they really are nice.
"Where did I get these, honey? Why aren't they downstairs?", I ask. My memory ain't what it used to be, you know.
There is silence from the hubby, so I look up to see why he isn't answering me. He is staring at me like I've grown another head.
"What?", I ask.
"Really?", he says.
"What?", I repeat.
"You made those, honey. Don't you remember?"
I am shocked. He must be mistaken, I don't make anything that looks that good.
"I didn't make these, these are nice."
He stares at me. "Honey, listen to me, you made those, I promise. Look at the bottom, you probably signed them."
I did, and I had.
I figured out that what I see, and what others see, are two totally different things. Weird, right?
P.S. the picture isn't one of the topiaries in the story, I can't find a pic of those. That is one of the floral arrangements I've made. It was the closest thing I had, sorry!

3 comments:

Alex said...

Been there- well, no, not really. :-)
I wish I could say when I look at my old crafts I say "wow" these are really good. I do forget about some things I've done- but when I see them again I do remember doing them, and then my reaction is more- geez, that was really was a piece of (&@?, wasn't it?

Garden State Kate said...

I am not creative, so my hat's off to you! I agree with Alex..I never look back and say.."wow, that came out better than I thought" LOL!

Carrie said...

Honestly, Alex, I say what a peice of *&% this is when I do it. That's why it ends up in the attic, LOL! I think those were the ONLY things I've ever done that to, the rest deserve the attic or trash!