Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dang Leprechauns!


This St. Pat's Day, was the first time we'd ever been visited by Leprechaun's, and boy are they boogers! They toilet papered most of the ceiling fans and my plant. Along with a couple of the kids' favorite toys. They left green pencils (can you tell we homeschool?!) hidden all over the house, and filled our "treasure box" with chocolate gold coins and rolo's. They also turned the toilet water green, and left little green smudges (from whatever they used to do the water) all over the place! The kids thought it was hilarious, and can't wait to put the box back out next year! Hopefully, the little boogers will be a little more creative next year!

I was a bit under the weather for a bit last week, and boy did it suck!!! I had to be on antibiotics that didn't want me drinking caffeine! Ack! I thought I was dying from the withdrawl. I had already decided, before having to be on the meds., to stop drinking soda's. But, my morning coffee was something totally different. I wasn't giving up that! Well, show's what I know, cuz I did it for the last 6 days. I WILL be having coffee in the morning, that's for sure! I was so tired the first day, I alsmost dozed off helping my youngest with her math work. It felt like someone had drugged me. Then, came the headache. I had that puppy for two and a half days straight! Blech, I am so glad it's over. Although, now the allergies have kicked in. Things are blooming, which is pretty for the eyes, but not so much for the nose. Looks like it's time for more medicine!
I was also not supposed to be in the sun for long periods of time on the meds., and Saturday was a M & G in Greenville for the Greyhound group. All the rest of them had been inside, so now worries! WRONG!!! We were outside, with no cover, for 2 hours or so! I got a slight sunburn, and then worried all night about what might happen, thanks to the vague threats about prolonged sun exposer on the bottle. But, we did get to hang out with Sadie's Grey friends, and talk to alot of nice people. So, it was worth it in the end.

I'm getting excited about next years curriculum for school. We went to our local homeschool bookstore.....man, I could stay in there for hours!....and looked at some really cool stuff. We are having a curriculum fair at our Round Table meeting next month, so we can see types of curriculum some of the other families use. It's all hands on, and the families will talk about how they use it, pricing, etc. Hopefully, I'll be a little more organized next year, too.

Here are some pics. from the M & G. I know you guys are just dying to see those!
Sadie and her Foster Dad having a cuddle


Lovely Quinn ( 3 weeks off the track, I think ) who is petite, but a bit taller than Sadie, and Extra Large Orlando.


Quinn getting some lovin'. This little one was soo cute! He did not want to leave!


What lovely Greyhounds they are!


















2 comments:

Alex said...

So sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Yup, I totally can relate about the caffiene withdrawal- I am a total coffee addict (supplemented by the occasional Red Bull- I'm hard core).
Your St. Patrick's day sounds like it was fun for all.
I WANT Quinn!!!! How could you resist just bundling her up and taking her home??

Carrie said...

Isn't Quinn gorgeous?! Unfortunately, the pres. of the group and his wife stole her out from under us! LOL!! I don't think she was in her foster home more than 2 or 3 days!
Thanks, I'm feeling much better now, and have resumed my coffee, which is just better for all involved. =)