Thursday, March 26, 2009

Don't eat the ants!


Here is a funny story for you guys! But first, a little background, hmmm? We got a Mini Schnauzer pup last weekend, and although he is a cute little thing, I worry about him. *rolls eyes and twirls index finger near temple* And, he isn't potty trained yet, so that means I'm taking him out constantly (which doesn't guarantee that I won't find a surprise). We named him Chewie since he chews on everything! Soooooo.............


I take him out for the umpteenth time this evening (in the rain..ok, drizzle, but still) and he immediately begins to chew on stuff. I look away for 2 seconds, look back, still chewing. Okay, he really needs to do his "business", so I call him to get his attention. He looks, and I notice he has red clay on his muzzle. "Are you eating dirt?", I ask him. Oh, yes he is, but not just any dirt, nooooo. Extra Special Boy is eating ant pile dirt. And there are ants on his face. Holy........ I snatch him up, rush into the house, throw him in the tub, yell for the hubby, and start hosing him down. Ants are flying down the drain like they are on a water park ride, he's trying to escape, and I'm getting bitten! Add to that my hubby and two kids trying to squeeze into the bathroom for a look, when said bathroom is the size of a closet. There was some yelling going on, I will admit. There doesn't seem to be any emotional scarring, but I reeeeally hope that he learned his lesson!


1 comment:

Alex said...

Wow, life was not exciting enough for you? lol
He does look very sweet.