Monday, June 1, 2009

School starts back when?!!!

I've been talking about the summer quite a bit lately. To my Mom, the hubby, other homeschool Moms....and the question inevitably comes up; "When are you guys going to start back?" My answer is always, "Oh, probably in July, maybe the middle. I want to have time off at Christmas and stuff." And we go on with whatever else we're doing.

Well, I just realized that July is only a month away. One Month!!! What?? When did that happen? Where did May go???!!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

I am FREAKING OUT!! We haven't bought the curriculum yet, I haven't made any plans.....I have nothing! And believe me, I am the most unorganized person on the face of the planet. I need time to figure out HOW to get organized, THEN do it. One of the biggest problems we ran into this past year, was the fact that I didn't plan out and organize our weekly work very well. It was a sort of "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of year, and it bit me in the butt. I don't want a repeat of that.

Soooo, it looks like my nights will be busy with curriculum research, books, forms, and "How To Organize Your Home" tips. Ah, Internet, I love you.

2 comments:

Tina Post said...

So, maybe you've already done this, and if so I apologize. But, since I've only gotten to know you over twitter--could you write a post sometime on why you homeschool? (or link me back to where you've already said).

I'm totally intrigued with homeschooling, but still know it mostly as the province of religious reaction or hippyness--not that there's anything wrong with either of those things. But I just wonder what your reasons are...

Garden State Kate said...

lol,Best of luck finding what works for you..we are semi- fly- by- the- seaters here,I get things ready in advance, but I make up most of my own stuff ..love using the free internet!lol
Have you tried the Homeschool Inc free organizing tool?