Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Summer Plans


Our school year is over, and it's time for a break! We are more than likely going to be starting back in July, so I wanted to make the most of the time the kids have off. There are going to be library visits every week (they enjoy it, I swear! ), slip n' slide action in the yard, disc golf with Dad, aaannnnd.......Weird Side Trips! What better way for our weird little family to celebrate summer, than with The Summer of Weird! I love this book, and have the Weird U.S. one as well. We've actually been to a couple of the places in here already, but there are so many more that I'm dying to see! I mean, WE are dying to see,that's right, all of us.....
So, over the summer, the blog will consist of pics and stories (hopefully!) of all the weird and wonderful places we've discovered in our home state. If the kids look a little less than happy in the pictures, don't worry about it, they are probably just overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the things we are finding. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

I can't wait to see where you go!

Michelle said...

I'll have to look for that book - what a fun idea! Hope you're enjoying your summer break :)

This is the first year I think we're going to continue schooling through the summer. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how much we'll try to keep up with, I may need to adjust it as we go. The more I get comfortable with homeschooling, the more I realize how much learning goes on in our daily lives - maybe more true in the summer (swimming, fishing, camping...) My kids love the library too - isn't that a great feeling?

Good to see you on Blogger :) Take care!