Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crafty withdrawls

My craft room is a mess (again), and I hate it! I seem to be one of those people who feel all out of whack if I'm not making something. It might not be good, but I made it myself, and there is something to that. I embroider now, which is tiding me over a bit, but I also enjoy my new found paper mache hobby, as well, and am dying to combine the two. I also enjoy my stamp carving, which I cannot do outside my craft room thanks to the mess I make doing it.

My craft room has become a "catch all" room, thanks to lack of storage in our house. I walk by daily, and just sigh. There is something new in there every single day! I have become overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in there, but I have got to get started. My Mom has asked me to do a project for her, and I'd like to be able to do it for her rather quickly. It isn't hard, nor will it take long, but I need to do it IN THERE!

I miss my craft room, darn it, and all the weird and wonderful things in it. It's my getaway. It's where I stash my Anime figures (we are weird enough without those being out in public), My Alfred Hitchcock Barbie (The Birds!), my kids wonderfully abstract art, and hopefully soon, a Coraline doll (sigh). I need to be in there at least once a day to help calm the waters.

So...starting tomorrow, I will begin the tedious, and time consuming task of cleaning it out (again). Yay! Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Best of luch Carrie!

Alex said...

Oh boy, do I understand! I had a crafts/ sewing room once- 20 years ago... But with 5 kids they all became bedrooms- or closets- lol. Now my sewing machine is set up in the diningroom and my scrapbooking stuff is in the corner of our bedroom- YUK!

Carrie said...

I'm almost done! I forgot to take "before" pics, though....D'oh!! I'll post about it soon!