Saturday, February 28, 2009

Meet Me, Greet Me, I'm a dog store Diva


Today, Sadie, the greyhound Diva, and I went to our first Meet & Greet with the rescue group we adopted her from. GPA Electric City is a small organization that just started up this past summer. They have already placed 11 dogs in their Forever Homes! You go GPA EC! Whoo-Hoo!

I had a greyt time! I love talking to the volunteers, they are so funny! And I enjoy talking to others about being a first time Grey owner. Sadie, on the other hand, dosen't really care for the whole thing. She kept giving me "the look", trying her best to coax me into heading for the front door. Then, when she realized that I wasn't going to do what she wanted me to, she plopped down in the middle of the main thouroughfare and took a nap! I am a total pushover when it comes to my pets, and they wrap me around their paws pretty quickly. Everyone there got to see that in all it's glory! I could not get her to get up for anything! The only time she would, was when one of the other Greys would step on her. It was a little embarassing, I must admit, but other than that, I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to helping out with the group when they need me, and bringing Sadie to many more Meet & Greets.

Oh, and I've already found my next Grey, but he does have a application on him already. Dang!

2 comments:

Alex said...

I love meet n' greets too.
Just be glad Sadie didn't do what Hero did,- use the store as his private restroom (talk about embarrassing!)
I'm dying to add a second greyhound to our pack too- but so far have not convinced my better half :-)- Good Luck!!

Carrie said...

Our Bassett Hound did that to me! I never took her back! LOL!! I think she thought it was the vet? Who knows with that girl!
Good Luck to you as well! ;-)